With Brexit negotiations underway and the government committed to reducing carbon emissions, the ADBA National Conference 2017 follows closely after the Autumn Statement and will look at the biggest opportunities for anaerobic digestion (AD) to play a significant role in meeting the UK’s Carbon Budgets, examining how we can optimise the AD industry to reduce emissions through the 2020s. The conference will also look at AD’s role in supporting agriculture post CAP and the growing bioeconomy, as part of strategically important sector deals being negotiated by government.
AD has significant potential to play a key role in reducing emissions from heat, power, transport, farming, and waste, helping to meet the UK’s climate change targets and support BEIS’s Industrial and Clean Growth Strategies. To make this contribution and unlock its full potential, however, AD will require legislative and financial support from government, as well as a step change in plant performance and cost reduction.
Representatives from BEIS, DEFRA, DfT, the Environment Agency, the Committee on Climate Change (CCC), and WRAP will join us at the ADBA National Conference 2017 to discuss the policy and regulatory changes that we can expect over the coming years, whilst AD experts will be sharing best practice to learn from each other how we can maximise the AD industry’s prospects.
Keynote speakers will include The Rt Hon. the Lord Deben, Chairman of the CCC, who will speak about the policy measures that the government will need to adopt to meet its greenhouse gas emissions targets following its adoption of the CCC’s recommendations on the Fifth Carbon Budget.
Dr Oliver Quast, Head of Market Intelligence at BEIS, will update attendees on changes to the Renewable Heat Incentive and introduce the government’s recently published Clean Growth Strategy. DEFRA Chief Scientific Advisor Professor Ian Lamont Boyd will also discuss the importance of food waste recycling through AD and the need for mandatory separate food waste collections in England to facilitate this.
The ADBA National Conference 2017 will examine the existing and new policies that are required to support AD growth in the UK, and the best practice and technological developments that can improve AD performance. We will be launching our pioneering AD plant certification scheme, designed to support AD operators to meet good operational, health and safety, and environmental standards while reducing their costs and risk. There will also be a range of exhibitors on hand to showcase the latest products and services that can help to optimise your AD business.
Join us to debate the drivers shaping our industry with our politicians, policy makers and business leaders.
Topics at a glance
Stakeholders from across the industry will discuss:
• ADBA’s pioneering AD plant certification scheme
• Will Brexit bring new opportunities to on-farm AD?
• Which gases are best for injection into the grid?
• Mandatory food waste collections: which systems are most effective?
• Decarbonising transport through AD
Register today to:
• Understand the policy changes coming in which may affect your business
• Keep up with an ever-changing industry
• Be the first to find out the latest market opportunities
• Deliver commercial messages to industry decision makers
• Debate with leading political and industry figures about the future of AD and what is needed from government to support an increase in AD industry growth
• Find out about the latest trends and best practice and how these can improve efficiency for your business
Book your place today: http://adbioresources.org/events/adba-national-conference-2017/
The Event Pass features:
• Access to all conference sessions and networking areas
• A copy of presentations to share your learning with your peers
• Essential event guide
• Full Policy and Market Report to keep your finger on the pulse of your industry*
• Your own copy of the Practical Guide to AD, providing you with step-by-step guidance on how to run your AD plant efficiently*
*Free for ADBA members only, hard copies also available to buy for non-members
Interested in sponsoring/exhibiting?
There’s still time for your company’s name to stand out from the crowd at the key AD conference of the year. Take advantage of one of our sponsorship or advertising packages and ensure your brand reaches a targeted, AD-specific audience. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3176 4414.
We hope that you are able to join us!